Monday, October 25, 2010

Anita Silvey's Children's Book Almanac


Just launched, a fabulous online daily almanac by the awesome Anita Silvey. Her essays about children's books are wonderful.
http://childrensbookalmanac.com/

As you know, I'm doing some of the research and editing for the project, with Roaring Brook Press. An actual print edition of this almanac should be out next spring.

Please do pass this on to any teachers, librarians, and other folks you think might be interested in this free daily dose of great writing and reading recommendations regarding children's books!

-aae

2 comments:

  1. Checked in with Anita, and It's likely the print book will not be ready spring 2011. Let's hope for next fall then! - Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY!!
    I decided to have Anita Silvey's Children's Book-A-Day Almanac be the homepage on my internet server, and BOY! am I happy. What a pleasure it is to wake up each day and find a new book to staring back at me. I LOVE IT! It's like getting a present. Thank you Anita!

    ReplyDelete